DAH! Shahi Falooda
- 1/2 cup fine rice vermicelli
- 1/2 cup almonds (blanched and skins removed)
- 1 glass chilled DAH! Mango Lassi
- 2 teaspoon sugar (ground to a fine powder)
- 3 tablespoons basil seeds
- 6 tablespoons rose syrup
- 2 scoops ice cream of your choice
- maraschino cherry for garnish
- Cook the vermicelli as you would pasta. Strain and set aside to cool. Then chill in the refrigerator until needed.
- Cut a few almonds into thin slivers. Keep aside to use as a garnish later.
- Put the milk, powdered sugar, and almonds in a blender, and blend until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Put the basil seeds in a bowl and pour enough water over them to completely submerge. They will soon start to swell and look transparent with a small dot-like black center. Strain, and keep aside in a small bowl.
- To assemble the Shahi Falooda, frost two tall glasses. In each glass, put half the vermicelli and half the pre-soaked sabza (basil) seeds. Pour half the Lassi over them.
- Put just under half the rose syrup (keep a little for garnishing) in each glass, and mix well. Add a scoop of ice cream to this, and drizzle with some more rose syrup.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and a cherry. Add a straw and long-handled spoon and serve!