F & B Magazine: Celebrate the holidays with these healthy AND delicious recipes!
DAH! Holiday Recipes
DAH! Curried Bean Stuffed sweet potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- A dollop of DAH! plain almond cup yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Stab each sweet potato a few times around with a fork and place them on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes-1 hour or until tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once hot, add in the garlic, black beans, chickpeas, cumin, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for 3 minutes.
- When sweet potatoes are ready to serve, cut the center of the potatoes open and mash the inside. Divide the chickpea mixture evenly among the potatoes. Add a dollop of DAH! plain almond yogurt. ENJOY!
DAH! Holiday Fig and Cinnamon Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup DAH! Plain Lassi
- 3-4 fresh figs
- 1 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp flax seeds or meal
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
-Blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Adjust almond milk and ice to desired consistency.
-Top with your favorite toppings (we suggest figs, chia seeds, granola, or dried coconut)
-Serve and Enjoy!
DAH! Vegan Maple Pear French Toast
- 2 slices bread of choice (gluten-free, low cal, etc)
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/2 TBSP ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1TBSP DAH! Vanilla Almond Yogurt
- Maple Pear Compote Ingredients:
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/2 ripe pear<
-Mash the banana in a bowl. Then add the flax seeds, almond milk, vanilla extract, and stevia. It should be liquid-y. If not, add a little bit more almond milk.
-Soak your bread in this mixture for 2 minutes per side.
-Spray a large pan with nonstick spray and heat to medium. Add your soaked bread; let cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until lightly brown. Remove and set to the side.
-Thinly slice the ripe pear, then add it to the pan with maple syrup. Let cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Pour on top of your french toast.
– Finish with tbsp of DAH! yogurt
DAH! is the leading India-inspired yogurt company in North America. The company’s traditional, slow-cultured process makes its product lines a leader in the yogurt category. DAH! offers traditional Lassi and plant-based yogurt cups in a variety of flavors including Plain, Alphonso Mango, Field Strawberry, Wild Blueberry, Golden Milk, and Madagascar Vanilla. The latest offerings to join the brand are Dahi, a traditional yogurt made through the slow-culturing process made with whole or low-fat milk, and a blend of Oat + Almond + Coconut (OAC) non-dairy yogurt, available in Mango Chili, Blueberry Pomegranate, Strawberry Key Lime, Cherry Vanilla, and traditional Vanilla and Plain. The 2020 Sofi Award Winning brand took home the Gold Award in the ‘Yogurt & Kefir’ category for its 32oz Lassi Alphonso Mango and the Bronze Award in the ‘Plant-Based-Other Dairy’ category for its Alphonso Mango Almond yogurt. DAH!’s Organic Alphonso Mango Almond Yogurt also was awarded the Spark Change 2020 NEXTY Award for Best New Organic Food category. The company’s products can be found in Whole Foods, Market Basket, Safeway, Walmart, Publix, Wegmans, Erewhon, Bristol Farms and specialty grocery stores. DAH! is a KEEN Growth Capital portfolio company. KEEN Growth Capital is a venture fund that invests in and develops early-stage food and wellness companies with meaningful social impact. www.dahlicious.com | Follow @Dahlicious on social media